Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Workout Plan: UPDATE!!

A little over a month ago, I blogged about starting a new Workout Plan, and let me tell you, it has paid off.

I committed to waking up at 5:15 every morning to hit the gym before 6 so that I had about an hour to workout and then come home and get ready for work. If you know me, and my undying love for sleep, you know that this was a MASSIVE commitment for me to make. No, but really. Having a new workout plan that was structured for each day gave me a mission to accomplish every morning when my alarm went off and I begrudgingly rolled out of bed. It gave me a routine and direction so that I didn't end up wandering around the gym aimlessly and without motivation.

My goal was to try out this workout plan for a month and see if I was A)seeing results and B)still motivated after a whole month of working out. Well, a month quickly turned into six weeks, and six weeks has now become 7. I've gotten incredibly stronger (I've been able to up my weights on almost every exercise at least twice during the last 7 weeks), and have become surprisingly toned. I've always been chastised for complaining that I needed to workout, but I enjoy being fit and feeling confident after a workout. I know that it's the middle of freezing January, I can say that I would have no shame in putting on a swimsuit where as a month ago, I would have been a bit more hesitant.

If you are looking for a workout plan to boost the downfall of your New Year's Resolution, I will 100% recommend the plan that I posted in December. If you can stick with it, it WILL pay off. Don't forget to reward yourself for hard work too. As a newlywed and recent college grad working an entry-level job, I have no money, so I decided to reward myself by capitalizing on my type-A personality that loves lists and things to check off. I highlight every day that I work out in my planner so that I can look back and feel totally accomplished. If I had spare dollars, I think I would give myself a dollar everyday that I worked out and make a list of things that I wanted and work hard enough to earn and pay for those things!  Do what will motivate you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting