Friday, December 16, 2011

Need a plan for your New Years Fitness Resolution? Ohhhh Boy.

So... Turns out that when you graduate college to go live and breathe corporate America... sitting on your rear for 8-9 hours a day isn't really conducive to keeping a cute and toned figure. Who knew? I'm such a busy body that sitting for 8-9 hours only make me feel restless and like I have exorbitant amounts of energy to spend. That was why I decided to train for my first half marathon. After getting 6 weeks through training, I found that I was choosing to run and check it off my list rather than make time for my husband and my friends. I loved the running but hated sacrificing those relationships. So, naturally, I gave it up.

After a couple of weeks of no activity, I found I was getting more and more restless and therefore stressed because I didn't have any means of activity in my life. Crazy, non-morning person me (aka I want to kill everyone in sight), decided that I was going to wake up at 5:30 to roll out of bed to hit the gym. The first morning, when my alarm went off, I literally could not figure out why. I was so confused. But I got up, and lethargically went to the gym. Before I knew it, getting up at 5:30 became pretty natural. Shocking, I know.

This past week, I decided that I wanted to spruce up my workout, so I decided to try a new workout plan that I found on Pinterest. I needed something new and different so that I had a challenge to look forward to conquering every morning. When browsing Pinterest, I found this set of workouts and was immediately drawn to them because of the structure and the challenge (seeing as I never do any of the prescribed exercises!). I decided to give this plan a try and if I liked it, continue it for a month. So here is to my second week on the new workout plan.

Let me just say, day one... I almost threw up. That's how you know the workout you just did has kicked your toosh. Not to mention, since Monday's are "Total Body Toner" days, I don't think that there was a muscle on my body that wasn't shaking.



I have officially completed Monday - Thursday's workouts (taking a break on Friday), and can already tell a huge difference. If you are looking for a workout that will totally kick your booty, then I will make this workout my recommendation! Here are all the workouts for all six days. You can click on the links above the photos and it will link to the blog where these were originally posted. From the blog, there are links on how to complete each exercise if you are unsure. If you're going to try it, or any other plan for that matter, don't be the anomaly who gives up on your New Years Resolutions, and don't cheat on your workouts!! Come swimsuit season, you'll thank yourself for sticking it out. Enjoy!





**Wednesday's Workout is a little hard to read, but here it is:

Warm-Up: 10 Min Cardio

Do 15 reps for each exercise, complete the circuit 2-3 times:
Dumbbell Squats
Dumbbell lunges
Dumbbell dead lifts
Push Ups
Wide grip assisted pull ups
Seated dumbbell shoulder press
Lying triceps extension
Dumbbell bicep curls
Plank (1 minute)
Swiss ball jack knife

Cool down: 10 minutes light cardio
STRETCH!






Sunday: REST!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting