Monday, January 16, 2012

Fun with the Aggies

On the Monday after New Years, Greg and I got to enjoy our last day off by spending it with one of his best friends, Hunter, and Hunter's wife, Shelby. Greg and I had been discussing what to do on our day off, and when we found out that Hunter and Shelby were going to be in town, we invited them to go to The Dallas World Aquarium with us that afternoon.


Let me just say this.... THAT PLACE IS AWESOME! It was a little pricey, but so cool that I definitely think that it was worth it! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fun date idea in the DFW area. You definitely won't be disappointed.




One of my faves, the otter!



Baby alligator

Some of the largest and nastiest "catfish" that i've ever seen.

A manatee. 


If this guys exhibit didn't smell so bad, I would have seriously contemplated bringing him home.




Caught this nasty thing in the middle of a yawn. Yes, apparently snakes yawn.





Largest crab that I've ever seen!


And alas, Hunter and Shelby.


After the Aquarium, we all headed back to our house and the boys decided that they just HAD to grill some steaks for dinner. So, expert chefs as we are, Shelby and I decided that we didn't want just any old potatoes for dinner, but that we were both going to attempt making Twice Baked Potatoes for the first time. They were a success and so delicious! Nothing better than good steak and potatoes. Mmmmm.

After dinner, we played games and sat around and laughed till our abs hurt. I am so thankful for the friendship that Greg has with Hunter. They are the kind of friends that can spend a year apart (due to that whole Aggie-Bear thing) and pick up right where they left off. Not to mention, they are so funny when they are together. I am also so fortunate that their friendship introduced Shelby and I. I know that if we were in the same place going to school, we definitely would have been good friends. And now, we are so excited that they are moving to the Metroplex! It means more Hunter & Shelby time! Woooo Hooo! Love you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting