Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sic 'Em Bears!!



Greg and I didn't get to make it to a Baylor Football game this year, so when we found out that we were headed to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio we decided that we HAD to go. Since we're newlyweds and money doesn't grow on trees, we decided that our tickets to the game would be our Christmas presents to each other. We couldn't have asked for anything better!!


My cousin and her husband graciously allowed us to eat their food and crash in their spare bedroom, so I took off last Thursday and Friday and we headed down to San Antonio. The forever long roadtrip was my least favorite part, but on the way there, we did make time to stop in Waco to go to Spice and grab some sandwiches at Schmaltz's to eat on the road. I miss both of those places. And how cheap they are. NOTHING is cheap in Dallas. Oh well, probably better that I save my money anyways!

The view from our seats. First row of the club level!

I would like to say that it was hands down the best game we've ever been to, but I'll be honest, it was STRESSFUL! Baylor nor Washington have a defense, and for a while, I really thought that we might lose. But lo and behold, the Heisman Trophy winner took control of the game and we won! All I can say is SIC 'EM BEARS!!! Woo hoo! Next on the list: A Baylor Basketball game.

Baylor on the field awaiting the awards!

Then the Fireworks began.


Then the moment I'd been waiting for allllllll night: the balloons!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting